public inbox for [email protected]
* Request for Detailed Explanation Regarding Flight CI771 Diversion on 19 August 2024
@ 2024-08-20  6:05 Alviro Iskandar Setiawan
From: Alviro Iskandar Setiawan @ 2024-08-20  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear China Airlines Customer Service,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to inquire about the recent incident involving Flight
CI771 on 19 August 2024. According to reports, the flight from Taiwan
Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) to Ngurah Rai International
Airport in Bali (DPS) was diverted back to Taiwan due to "system
problems."

Flight tracking data from Flightradar24 indicates that Flight CI771
departed at approximately 9:10 a.m. but was turned back over the Sulu
Sea near Palawan Island, around two hours into its 5.5-hour journey.
While the safety of passengers is undoubtedly the top priority, the
explanation provided to the public has been quite vague.

As someone who closely follows airline operations, I am seeking a more
detailed explanation of the incident. Specifically, I would like to
understand the nature of the "system problems" that led to the
decision to return to Taiwan, why this was deemed necessary, and what
measures are being implemented to prevent similar situations in the
future.

Your transparency and clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this inquiry. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Alviro Iskandar Setiawan
Software Engineer
[email protected]