Ammar Faizi: > On 8/25/22 5:13 PM, Ammar Faizi wrote: >> On 8/25/22 4:27 PM, Georg Koppen wrote: >>> There are different ways. One thing we do is to build circuits with the >>> respective nodes to test as exits and then we try to connect to >>> different websites and check whether there are any failures. In your >>> case it seems connections are timing out. >>> >>> Another way, which you could try is using Tor Browser with your node as >>> exit node. For that, after you have downloaded Tor Browser and extracted >>> it, add to your torrc file (in >>> tor-browser_en-US/Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Tor): >>> >>> ExitNodes F241330F16AF6BD90226CC9130DA8E20B58AAC3B >>> >>> The start Tor Browser and try to surf to some websites like popular news >>> sites etc. Those requests are frequently timing out or take super long >>> to load resulting caused by lots of circuit churn (as the circuit fails >>> due to timeouts). >> >> Great, thanks for the tips! >> >> The latter way using Tor Browser sounds easier for me. I will >> investigate this and be back to you soon. > Hi Georg, > > I have been trying to investigate this for several days, but haven't been > able to fix the issue. Looking at the Tor daemon process from htop, it is > spinning at 100% CPU. I don't know what is going on, but as far as I can > tell, it is still consuming CPU and network I/O. > > I tried to specify my relay fingerprint in torrc Tor browser like > what you said previously. My Tor browser didn't work. It was always > timing out with no clear error. > > From the server side, this is the last few hundred of lines of my Tor > daemon log: > > > https://gist.githubusercontent.com/ammarfaizi2/40be0cb122b5ad1240f9001f8e58eb7d/raw/2407fc3063d786e3e0054d522a0e63323e35513e/tor_log.txt > > Do you have any suggestion? > > If you need more information to diagnose this, tell me what do you > need. I will happily provide it. Hrm. What else is running on that server apart from the exit node? Could you share the torrc file you are using? Georg