Ammar Faizi: > On 8/25/22 1:58 PM, Georg Koppen wrote: >> Hello! >> >> Your TeaInside relay[1] seems to fail relaying exit traffic >> according to our measurements. We ran some tests and it was not possible >> in 5/5 cases to reach e.g. https://torproject.org. Could you please look >> into that and resolve the issue on your end? >> >> Please let us know if you have further questions and when the problem is >> resolved on your side. >> >> Thanks for running relays! >> Georg >> >> [1] >> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/F241330F16AF6BD90226CC9130DA8E20B58AAC3B > > Hi Georg, > > Thanks for reporting this issue. > > I will take a look into it. But before that, I have a question. How do I > test my exit relay to see whether it's working properly? There are different ways. One thing we do is to build circuits with the respective nodes to test as exits and then we try to connect to different websites and check whether there are any failures. In your case it seems connections are timing out. Another way, which you could try is using Tor Browser with your node as exit node. For that, after you have downloaded Tor Browser and extracted it, add to your torrc file (in tor-browser_en-US/Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Tor): ExitNodes F241330F16AF6BD90226CC9130DA8E20B58AAC3B The start Tor Browser and try to surf to some websites like popular news sites etc. Those requests are frequently timing out or take super long to load resulting caused by lots of circuit churn (as the circuit fails due to timeouts). Hope this helps, Georg