GNU/Weeb Mailing List <[email protected]>
From: Ammar Faizi <[email protected]>
To: Georg Koppen <[email protected]>
Cc: bad-relays <[email protected]>,
	GNU/Weeb Mailing List <[email protected]>,
	Louvian Lyndal <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Your TeaInside relay is failing to relay exit traffic
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 14:48:49 +0700	[thread overview]

On 8/31/22 2:25 PM, Georg Koppen wrote:
> Ammar Faizi:
>> On 8/31/22 1:37 PM, Georg Koppen wrote:
>>> Ammar Faizi:

>>> Great, what did you change?
>>
>> Too many things to tell. I adjusted several configurations in torrc.
>> Not sure what the issue was. But now my exit node is marked as BadExit
>> and can't relay exit traffic again (after previously several hour
>> working well).
>>
>> Could you elaborate on what is going wrong? How to fix BadExit?
>
> The problem was that I still saw the same issues yesterday when testing
> and got the directory authorities to badexit your node as I did not know
> how long this problem persisted. I can redo my test later today and see
> how that goes.

I see, I understand, thanks!

> In the meantime: could you elaborate on why you have the
> DNSPort/TransPort setup and those many SocksPorts configured? That's
> pretty unusual for a plan exit node setup and not needed.

I run a VPN service that uses the transparent proxy and DNSPort in the
same server with the exit node. I also use the SOCKSPort to run my
scraper app.

Side note: The amount of the traffic from the VPN and SOCKS is fairly
small, it shouldn't affect my exit node.

Current usage:

   - A single small scrapper app (SOCKSPort).

     I configure many ports to get many exit IP addresses for
     randomizing my identity.

   - TeaVPN2 service (TransPort and DNSPort).

     I am writing a VPN software (Linux). It uses the transparent
     proxy and DNS port only for accessing "*.onion" host. Only
     3 people using it so far, rarely used too.

Is it fine doing that?

I can deploy a dedicated Tor instance for my VPN and scraper app if
it is really needed.

--
Ammar Faizi