public inbox for [email protected]
From: Alviro Iskandar Setiawan <[email protected]>
To: Ammar Faizi <[email protected]>
Cc: Kanna Scarlet <[email protected]>,
	Muhammad Rizki <[email protected]>,
	 "GNU/Weeb Mailing List" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] ncns update (chunked request body support)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:34:14 +0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 1:36 AM Ammar Faizi wrote:
> On 8/25/22 4:57 PM, Alviro Iskandar Setiawan wrote:
> > pulled into my next branch for testing only, tq
>
> I am not sure what is going on here, but it always fails when
> the written bytes is more than 16K bytes. The current WIP commit
> is here:
>
> https://gitlab.torproject.org/ammarfaizi2/ncns/-/commit/20627519f6e882ab7d2309f6a6b6e451fb19edc4
>
> Can you spot a mistake in this version?
>
> I have been debugging this for more than 5 hours and haven't
> been able to figure out what is going wrong. I was going to
> say that it's a Chromium bug. But thinking of the Chromium
> stability so far, I doubt to claim so.

you're tired, get some rest plz, tq for your hard work

> Please review!

found it, the problem is not in that commit, but the previous one

https://gitlab.torproject.org/ammarfaizi2/ncns/-/commit/d113a1611f2eca1f45fd8dd0fe3a02aa92abeb6e#63c8f17eb62643be824f57c1bed41bbf7c80ed5e_50_127

if you split the buffer in the middle of the queue, then you put the
rest of the splitted buffer into the tail, then it may get skipped
because the EOF mark can be queued earlier. Even if it doesn't hit EOF
it's still wrong because the FIFO order is violated when the condition
(c.len_ <= dst_len_) evaluates to true

tq

-- Viro