public inbox for [email protected]
From: Alviro Iskandar Setiawan <[email protected]>
To: Ammar Faizi <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [RFC] GNU/Weeb Financial Transaction Record Design
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 17:00:05 +0700	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 4:42 PM Ammar Faizi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Several questions below:
>
>   1) What are the exact fields we are going to save?

I will post the DDL with exact fields we are going to save to answer
this question.

>   2) How do we maintain a new field in the future if we ever add more?

Maybe just make them be an empty string. Appending an empty string
won't change the hash because it doesn't change anything. For example,
we create a new field x, make it nullable, if it's NULL then when
we're validating the old records that don't have this field just treat
it as an empty string, it won't change the hash, so it's backward
compatible.

>   3) How do we distribute the trusted chains to public?
>
> For no (2), you must not break the old records that don't have the new
> field.
>
> For no (3), I think it's quite simple, just post the transaction
> history record periodically to the group. We can use a Telegram bot
> for that.

I agree with you.

> [ Anyway, you can start writing the code. ]

oc

tq

-- Viro