Ammar Faizi: > On 8/31/22 2:48 PM, Ammar Faizi wrote: >> On 8/31/22 2:25 PM, Georg Koppen wrote: >>> The problem was that I still saw the same issues yesterday when testing >>> and got the directory authorities to badexit your node as I did not know >>> how long this problem persisted. I can redo my test later today and see >>> how that goes. > > I am curious on what my exit relay is currently doing. I have a question: > > What is my exit relay doing when it's marked as BadExit? > > I still see the Tor daemon consuming CPU and network I/O despite it doesn't > relay exit traffic (per BadExit flag). > > [ >    I'm not a Tor expert, but I guess it acts as a guard or middle node. >    Doesn't it? > >    #correct_me_if_i_am_wrong That's correct. It's just not used as an exit node. Georg