On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 04:22:25PM +0530, Ankit Kumar wrote: >Hi Jens, > >This patchset adds a way to test NVMe uring passthrough commands with >nvme-ns character device. The uring passthrough was introduced with 5.19 >io_uring. > >To send nvme uring passthrough commands we require helpers to fetch NVMe >char device (/dev/ngXnY) specific fields such as namespace id, lba size etc. > >How to run: >./test/io_uring_passthrough.t /dev/ng0n1 > >The test covers write/read with verify for sqthread poll, vectored / nonvectored >and fixed IO buffers, which can be extended in future. As of now iopoll is not >supported for passthrough commands, there is a test for such case. ./test/io_uring_passthrough.t /dev/ng0n1 doesn't support polled IO Not sure if iopoll test is bit premature, as above message will keep coming until this is wired up in kernel-side. Perhaps this is fine to test as in initial stages graceful no-support error code was not coming from kernel. The above confirms that kernel bails out fine now. Things ran fine for me, so Tested-by: Kanchan Joshi