On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 06:36:51AM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote: > On 7/28/22 3:33 AM, Ankit Kumar wrote: > > This patchset adds a way to test NVMe uring passthrough commands with > > nvme-ns character device. The uring passthrough was introduced with 5.19 > > io_uring. > > > > To send nvme uring passthrough commands we require helpers to fetch NVMe > > char device (/dev/ngXnY) specific fields such as namespace id, lba size etc. > > > > How to run: > > ./test/io_uring_passthrough.t /dev/ng0n1 > > > > It requires argument to be NVMe device, if not the test will be skipped. > > > > The test covers write/read with verify for sqthread poll, vectored / nonvectored > > and fixed IO buffers, which can be extended in future. As of now iopoll is not > > supported for passthrough commands, there is a test for such case. > > > > Changes from v2 to v3 > > - Skip test if argument is not nvme device and remove prints, as > > suggested by Jens. > > - change nvme helper function name, as pointed by Jens. > > - Remove wrong comment about command size, as per Kanchan's review > > I didn't get patch 2/5, and lore didn't either. Can you resend the series? > > -- > Jens Axboe > > Sorry, issue from my side it. You should have 2/5 now and I see its there in lore as well. Hope its sufficient and doesn't require me to resend the entire series again.