On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 09:19:39AM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote: > On 3/15/23 9:15 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > Hi Ming and Jens, > > It would be great if you have time to clarify whether deadlocks can > > occur or not. If you have any questions about the scenario I was > > describing, please let me know. > > I don't believe there is. In anything not ancient, you are always > allowed to submit and the documentation should be updated to > describe that correctly. We don't return -EBUSY for submits with > overflow pending. Thank you both for the discussion! It has helped. Stefan