public inbox for [email protected]
* Re:
       [not found] <[email protected]>
@ 2020-02-24 17:38 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2020-02-24 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: io-uring

On 2/24/20 10:37 AM, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Here's v3 of the poll async retry patchset. Changes since v2:
>
> - Rebase on for-5.7/io_uring
> - Get rid of REQ_F_WORK bit
> - Improve the tracing additions
> - Fix linked_timeout case
> - Fully restore work from async task handler
> - Credentials now fixed
> - Fix task_works running from SQPOLL
> - Remove task cancellation stuff, we don't need it
> - fdinfo print improvements
>
> I think this is getting pretty close to mergeable, I haven't found
> any issues with the test cases.

Gah, wrong directory, resending it. Ignore this thread.

--
Jens Axboe

* Re:
@ 2020-11-06 14:34 ` Pavel Begunkov
From: Pavel Begunkov @ 2020-11-06 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Gerhorst; +Cc: axboe, io-uring, metze, carter.li

On 06/11/2020 10:44, Luis Gerhorst wrote:
> Hello Pavel,
>
> I'm from a university and am searching for a project to work on in the
> upcoming year. I am looking into allowing userspace to run multiple
> system calls interleaved with application-specific logic using a single
> context switch.
>
> I noticed that you, Jens Axboe, and Carter Li discussed the possibility
> of integrating eBPF into io_uring earlier this year [1, 2, 3]. Is there
> any WIP on this topic?

To be honest, I've finally returned to it a week ago, just because got
more free time. I was implicitly patching/refactoring some bits keeping
this in mind but rather very lazily.

> If not I am considering to implement this. Besides the fact that AOT
> eBPF is only supported for priviledged processes, are there any issues
> you are aware of or reasons why this was not implemented yet?

All others I was anticipating are gone by now. I'd be really great to
think something out for non-privileged processes, but as you know that
doesn't hold us off.

--
Pavel Begunkov

* Re: