public inbox for [email protected]
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email protected]>
To: Naresh Kamboju <[email protected]>
Cc: open list <[email protected]>,
	[email protected], [email protected],
	Jens Axboe <[email protected]>,
	Pavel Begunkov <[email protected]>,
	[email protected]
Subject: Re: next: mips: gcc-12-bcm63xx_defconfig failed
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:02:59 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:59 AM Naresh Kamboju
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Today's Linux next 20221122 tag mips bcm63xx_defconfig build fails,
>
> Reported-by: Linux Kernel Functional Testing <[email protected]>
>
> make --silent --keep-going --jobs=8
> O=/home/tuxbuild/.cache/tuxmake/builds/1/build ARCH=mips
> CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-gnu- 'CC=sccache mips-linux-gnu-gcc'
> 'HOSTCC=sccache gcc'
> io_uring/io_uring.c: In function 'io_eventfd_ops':
> io_uring/io_uring.c:498:17: error: implicit declaration of function
> 'eventfd_signal_mask'; did you mean 'eventfd_signal'?
> [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>   498 |                 eventfd_signal_mask(ev_fd->cq_ev_fd, 1,
> EPOLL_URING_WAKE);
>       |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |                 eventfd_signal
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:252: io_uring/io_uring.o] Error 1
>
> log:
> https://builds.tuxbuild.com/2HtTq82BIEEuUvHRpsnQuSFdite/
>
> Build history:
> https://qa-reports.linaro.org/lkft/linux-next-master/build/next-20221122/testrun/13121877/suite/build/test/gcc-12-bcm63xx_defconfig/history/

[email protected] reported a similar failure for m5272c3_defconfig,
which I have bisected to commit 261187e66de362de ("io_uring: pass in
EPOLL_URING_WAKE for eventfd signaling and wakeups").  That patch
does not seem to have been posted to a public mailing list archived by lore?
Oh, it was, but using a different subject
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]
Difficult to track without a Links: tag...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

                                -- Linus Torvalds