public inbox for [email protected]
* support suspend/resume SQPOLL on inflight io-uring instance
@ 2020-06-05  3:38 陈云星
From: 陈云星 @ 2020-06-05  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: axboe; +Cc: io-uring

io-uring instance can be set flag : IO_URING_SETUP_SQPOLL to enable
kernel thread polling SQ. but some application have random io
behavior, for example:
     a). a burst read/write for a while,
     b). then many scatter small io operations.

during a) period, use sqpoll will be beneficial to performance.
but during b) period, use sqpoll will waste cpu time for empty busy poll.

If we can have a method to tell kernel start/stop poll sq when we
need, it is good for both of a) and b):
     in a) period, io_uring_enter tell kernel. start to poll
     after a) , io_uring_enter tell kernel stop polling and.