public inbox for [email protected]
* IORING_POLL_ADD_LEVEL doesn't provide level triggered poll...
@ 2022-09-28 15:34 Stefan Metzmacher
From: Stefan Metzmacher @ 2022-09-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe, io-uring

Hi Jens,

I was testing IORING_POLL_ADD_LEVEL, but it doesn't have any test nor
does it provide level triggered poll.

Currently it provides a deferred edge triggered notifications.

As it's new for 6.0 and doesn't work as expected can we revert it
for 6.0?

I'll try to write up more details about problems I hit when I tried
to add a io_uring backend for Samba's tevent library in the next days.

Thanks!
metze

* Re: IORING_POLL_ADD_LEVEL doesn't provide level triggered poll...
@ 2022-09-28 15:52 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2022-09-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Metzmacher, io-uring

On 9/28/22 9:34 AM, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:

> Hi Jens,
>
> I was testing IORING_POLL_ADD_LEVEL, but it doesn't have any test nor
> does it provide level triggered poll.
>
> Currently it provides a deferred edge triggered notifications.
>
> As it's new for 6.0 and doesn't work as expected can we revert it
> for 6.0?
>
> I'll try to write up more details about problems I hit when I tried
> to add a io_uring backend for Samba's tevent library in the next days.

Sure, we can do that, and trivial to do since it was added for this
release as you mention. Curious how it's broken, though? But that can
wait until you release some more details. I did write a test case
some months ago, but I agree it looks like it never made it into
the liburing repo and neither did the documentation?!

--
Jens Axboe